Although it may be thought a little odd. This radicchio salad is a strong, hearty dish and useful amongst a selection of salads at lunchtime.
- 2 heads of radicchio
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins of haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 dessertspoon capers
- 200g black olives, pitted (don’t use ones
- already pitted as they seldom taste as good as
- they should) and roughly chopped
- 100g Parmesan, shaved
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1Cut each radicchio into 8 segments, trying to keep each bit attached to the core. Cook on a griddle pan until lightly charred on each side and transfer to a serving dish.
2Drizzle over some olive oil and season.
3Stir the garlic into the beans and season generously. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and then vinegar to taste.
4Add the parsley, capers and olives to the beans and spoon the mixture around the radicchio. Finally scatter over the Parmesan shavings.
Taken from our sister magazine France Today