Claudia Taittinger, of the world-famous Taittinger Champagne family, shares her green lentil salad recipe.
- 400g green Puy lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, cut into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed/vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Parsley or chervil leaves, for serving
1Rinse the lentils and place in a saucepan with 1.5 litres of cold water, salt, the bay leaves, the carrot, and the garlic. Simmer until tender but still firm in the centre, about 25 minutes.
2Remove and discard bay leaves, garlic, and carrot pieces. Drain the lentils, rinse with cold water, and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve the salad, whisk the vinegar, mustard, and oils to make a vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
3Transfer the chilled lentils to a bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette. Add the shallots and parsley and toss again. Garnish with parsley or chervil.