Michelin-star chef’s gourmet retreat in southwest France is the perfect spot for a lavish festive break
One of southwest France’s finest gourmet retreats, Les Prés d’Eugénie Hotel & Spa, is inviting guests to live like royalty during a decadent season of festivities this winter.
Owned and managed by three Michelin star chef Michel Guérard, Christmas at the five-star luxury hotel and spa in Eugénie-les-Bains promises to be reminiscent of the festive season under the reign of that most sumptuous of French kings, Louis XIV.
Running from December 20 to January 4, the programme includes:
- A French Wine Tasting Class in which the sommelier will guide you through four fantastic wines (complimentary for guests, December 22 and January 4);
- Royal Afternoon Tea of chocolates, creamy hot chocolate and Billecart Salmon champagne at Café Mère Poule (€35 pp, Christmas Day and January 4);
- Sparkling Afternoon at La Ferme Thermale, including a light lunch or afternoon tea at Café Mère Poule, followed by a decadent spa session at La Ferme Thermale and a glass of Billecart Salmon champagne (€265 pp, December 27 and January 2);
- Christmas Eve House Party, an evening of glamour at Loulou’s Lounge Bar where a Winter Cocktail Workshop will be followed by a festive four-course dinner in La Ferme aux Grives rustic inn (€160 pp, December 24);
- New Year’s Eve House Party, a sumptuous grand supper, akin to celebrations seen in the Court of Versailles, starts at 7pm with a champagne cocktail party and is followed by an unforgettable three-Michelin-star dinner designed by Michel Guérard. As the clock strikes midnight, a colourful fireworks display will begin accompanied by music from Handel (€550 pp, including all food and drink – a minimum three-night stay is required, December 31).
Part of the Relais & Chateaux portfolio, Les Prés d’Eugénie’s estate is home to 25 rooms, 20 suites and apartments, three restaurants including fine dining three-Michelin starred restaurant Michel Guérard, world-famous thermal spa La Ferme Thermale and a 50-acre vineyard.
A Winter Week Offer is available for €3,409 per person over Christmas or €3,794 per person over New Year and includes seven nights’ full board in a Classic Room, healthy or gourmet breakfast, healthy lunches and dinners, one gourmet dinner at Michel Guérard Restaurant, one rustic dinner at Ferme aux Grives, tickets to either the Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve House party, three morning yoga sessions, wine tasting, cocktail workshop and six morning or afternoon hot spring treatments. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
Les Prés d’Eugénie is 1h 40min from Bordeaux airport which is served by British Airways, EasyJet, Flybe and Ryanair from the UK.
For more information or reservations visit www.lespresdeugenie.com.