Who says a good vin chaud is only reserved for Christmas? Not us. Vin chaud aka mulled wine, is a delicious winter drink that can be enjoyed year-round. It’s also incredibly good for you, thanks to its health benefits and comforting properties.
Health Benefits: The antioxidants in red wine help reduce inflammation and improve heart health, while cinnamon has been shown to lower blood sugar levels.
Simple vin chaud
- A bottle of red wine it doesn’t need to be expensive
- 130 g of sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 3 cloves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pour the bottle of red wine into a saucepan and add all the other ingredients.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Taste to see if it needs more sugar.
- Strain and serve warm.