Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Perfect roasted pork tenderloin recipe that guarantees juicy, fork-tender pork, and if that’s not enough, the pork is served with apples and herbs.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1¼ lb./600 g)
- ½ cup (3½ oz./100 g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 apples, skin on, cut into ½-in. (1-cm) slices
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, snipped into small pieces Salt and freshly ground pepper
1Generously season the pork with salt and pepper.
2In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, apple juice, and garlic to make a glaze.
3Coat the pork with the glaze and set aside the rest.
4Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the pork tenderloin and cook until golden brown all over, turning it every 2–3 minutes.
5Place the apple slices in the pan around the pork and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 10–15 minutes, until the apples are tender and browed, occasionally turning them over.
6Pour the remaining glaze over the pork if necessary—the meat should be deeply caramelized.
7Sprinkle with the thyme sprigs, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Extracted from Miss Maggie’s Kitchen: Relaxed French Entertaining by Héloïse Brion (Flammarion, 2020).
Photography © Christophe Roué 2020.