Prep Time: 5 minutes
Goat’s cheese salad is a French classic – and can be taken to epic status with a drizzle of rosemary and mustard dressing.
- 150g young spinach leaves
- 100g rocket
- 2 apples (ideally a tart apple, such as Gala or Braeburn), cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 100g seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 2 x 100g French Chevre cheese, sliced
- 50g pine nuts
- 8 thin slices French bread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g butter, softened
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp *Maille Rosemary Honey Mustard
- Pinch of Provencal dried herbs
- 2 tbsp *Maille cider vinegar with honey or white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
1Rinse the spinach leaves and rocket, drain thoroughly and share between 4 serving plates.
2Toss the apple slices in lemon juice and arrange them on the salads with the celery and grapes. Cut the slices of Chevre in two, and arrange them on the salads.
3Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until light golden. Leave them to cool for a few moments, then sprinkle them over the salads.
4Preheat the grill and toast one side of the French bread slices. Mix the garlic with the butter and spread over the untoasted sides of the bread. Toast the buttered sides until golden brown, cut into pieces, and serve on the salads.
5Make the dressing by mixing together the olive oil, Maille Rosemary Honey Mustard, Provencal herbs and Maille cider vinegar with honey , seasoning with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Always add a couple of teaspoons of Maille mustard to your salad dressings – it tastes great, and helps bring the oil and vinegar together to make a smooth dressing.
With code ‘FRESH10’ customers can get 10% discount on all of Maille’s Freshly Pumped Mustards (excluding the Fresh Mustard bundles). Discount is valid from 12th until 31th of August 2020 – head here to pick your products.
Alternatively, if you spend over 75 USD on the Maille website you can get a 15% discount with the code ‘SUMMER15’. Offer valid from 8th of August until 30th of September 2020.