This Strawberry and Lemon Tart recipe by Violife is a perfect dessert for any occasion. The combination of sweet strawberries and tangy lemon is a match made in heaven. With a buttery crust and silky smooth filling, this tart is sure to impress your guests. Follow the recipe for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Strawberry and lemon tart
- 1 pack Violife Creamy Original
- 1 pack vegan shortcrust pastry
- 175 ml lemon juice
- 1 Lemon zest
- 50 ml coconut cream
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp agar agar powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder use less or more depending on colour desired
- ½ pack strawberries hulled
- 50 g coconut sugar
- Fresh lavender to decorate
- Place pre-made pastry in a tart tin with a removable base. Blind bake for 15-20 minutes and set aside to cool.
- For the lemon curd, mix the Violife Creamy Original, lemon juice, zest, coconut cream, caster sugar, cornstarch and turmeric powder until no lumps remain. Place in a small pot and bring to a slow boil. Continue whisking, until it starts thickening. When the curd starts to boil, add the agar agar powder, whisk for one extra minute and remove from the stove.
- Pour the mixture directly into the cooled pastry and place in the fridge to set for 2 hours. Mix the strawberries with coconut sugar and set aside to marinade.
- To serve, decorate with the strawberries and sprinkle with lavender.
Did you enjoy the recipe? Let us know in the comment section below.
Enjoy Taste of France? Well you’re in luck as Taste of France Issue Five is out of the oven!