With the long days and summer sun ending, we can now celebrate the season of pumpkin spiced lattes and warm, hearty meals. Prep your body (and immune system) this autumn with this healthy and delicious sausage cassoulet, perfect for sharing with your loved ones.
Simple and Healthy Sausage Cassoulet
- 1 pack of your favourite sausages these can be meat free!
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 leek sliced thinly
- 1 onion chopped
- 80 g Watercress chopped
- 75 ml white wine
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 tin borlotti beans
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp herb de provence
- 200 ml water or vegetable stock
- Olive Oil
- Chop the sausages into slices, and brown them off in a large pan. Set them aside for later.
- In the same pan, fry the onion, carrot and leek in a little oil until they begin to soften. Then add the garlic, rosemary & herb de provence and allow to cook for a minute or so.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine before adding everything apart from the watercress back into the pan, including the sausages, beans and water. Allow it to simmer until everything is cooked through and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the watercress and allow it to wilt in the sauce before serving!
- Additional step: You can sprinkle the top with cheese and breadcrumbs and cook under the grill for a couple of minutes to give it a golden, cheesy crust.
Recipe from The Watercress Company.