When it comes to classic comfort food, few things can beat a perfectly roasted chicken. But what if we told you that we have a recipe that takes this classic dish to a whole new level?
Imagine tender, juicy chicken infused with the sweet and tangy flavors of roasted grapes, all served up on a bed of fragrant herbs. This recipe is not only easy to prepare, but it’s also a showstopper that’s sure to impress your guests. Whether you’re looking for a cozy family dinner or a stunning centerpiece for your next dinner party, this roast chicken with grapes recipe is the perfect choice. So, get ready to elevate your roast chicken game and treat your taste buds to an explosion of flavor.
Roast chicken legs with grapes
- 3 tbsp 1¾ oz/50 g unsalted butter
- 4 chicken legs preferably free-range
- 3 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar (see Kitchen Notes, below) or regular balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 4–5 small bunches assorted grapes
- 4–5 sprigs fresh rosemary to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C/Gas Mark 5).
- Melt the butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken legs with salt, place them in the skillet, and pour the vinegar over. Cook for 4–5 minutes each side, until the legs are browned. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Add a little olive oil to the skillet and fry the onions with a pinch of salt over medium heat, until softened. Place the grapes over the onions.
- Arrange the chicken legs over the grapes and place the skillet in the oven for 20–25 minutes. Check the chicken for doneness and place back in the oven for a few more minutes, if needed (cooking time will depend on thickness of the legs).
- Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Recipe taken from France Today Magazine courtesy of Héloïse Brion’s My Art of Entertaining.
Available for purchase below
Please note: If you buy books linked to our site, we may earn a commission from Bookshop.org, whose fees support independent bookshops.
We loved and appreciated
Thanks Dr Jameel! We’re glad you enjoyed it 🙂
We loved it and thanks