Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
A simple and tasty roasted vegetable dish whose flavour is accentuated by a good dollop of *Old Style Maille mustard
- 1 medium bulb fennel, cut in half, thinly sliced (greens reserved)
- 5 carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon *Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 small handful tarragon leaves
- 2 Tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons pieces of breakfast cheese (or mild brie)
1Thinly slice fennel. Reserve half and set aside. Add carrots and half of fennel to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes. Cook at 425 F for 20 minutes or until fennel is browned and carrots can be pierced with a fork. In the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add garlic so as not to burn.
2On a large platter, layer the carrots and roasted fennel with fresh fennel. In a small bowl, stir together *Maille Old Style Mustard with lemon juice. Add dollops of dressing and add remaining herbs and toppings. Serve immediately.
*With code ‘FRESH10’ customers can get 10% discount on all of Maille’s Freshly Pumped Mustards (excluding the Fresh Mustard bundles). Discount is valid from 12th until 31th of August 2020 – head here to pick your products.
Alternatively, if you spend over 75 USD on the Maille website you can get a 15% discount with the code ‘SUMMER15’. Offer valid from 8th of August until 30th of September 2020.