For a delicious warming accompaniment, try these boulangère potato slices. We recommend Marfona or Desiree, or any good baking potato.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- A few sprigs of thyme, de-stalked and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
1Pre-heat oven to 170ºC.
2Layer the potatoes, onions, garlic and thyme in an oven proof dish. Season in between layers.
3Add the stock and dot the top with butter.
4Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 20 minutes.
5Remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
Recipe from Seasonal Spuds