Try these excellent slow cooked duck legs with blackberry and orange. Delicious and warming, it is the perfect recipe to welcome the festive season.
Maldon Salt Slow Cooked Duck Legs with Blackberries, Orange, and Cinnamon
These delicious slow cooked duck legs with fresh blackberries, orange and cinnamon are perfect to start the festive season.
Servings: 4 People
- 4 duck legs
- 5 shallots peeled and halved
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 orange sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- Some rosemary sprigs
- 300 g blackberries
- A pinch of Maldon Salt
- Sautéed greens
- 1 large celeriac peeled and roughly chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml whole milk
- A large knob of butter
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Place a large casserole onto heat. Brown off the duck legs on both sides, starting on the skin side. Once browned, remove from the pan and add the shallots and sliced garlic, frying them until they soften and start to go golden.
- Next add the flour and cook into the sauce for a few minutes until it has thickened. Then add the red wine and stock, allow it to bubble and come to the boil.
- Add the duck legs back into the casserole along with 2/3 of the blackberries, the orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise a pinch of Maldon Salt and rosemary sprigs.
- Cover and transfer to the oven for 1-hour 30mins. Once cooked add the remaining blackberries and serve.
- To make the mash, add the celeriac to a pan with the stock and milk and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the celeriac is tender. Mash or pass through a ricer and then stir through a knob of butter and a pinch of Maldon Salt.
- Serve the duck legs with the celeriac mash and some sauteed greens.
For more like this visit www.maldonsalt.com