Adding fruits in salads is one of those simple pleasures in life. Especially something as sweet and soft as a peach that caramelizes when grilled. This healthy and refreshing salad by Héloïse Brion has the perfect balance of sweetness and richness that will leave you wanting for more.
Grilled peach and avocado salad with goat cheese
Adding fruits in salads is one of those simple pleasures in life.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 yellow peaches
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling plus 3 tbsp for the dressing
- 4 ripe but firm avocados
- 2 figs quartered
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon preferably organic
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh goat cheese
- 1 –2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar see Notes or regular balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful toasted almonds roughly chopped
- Assorted fresh herb leaves arugula, basil, oregano, etc.
- 1 pinch piment d’Espelette
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a grill to medium (if you don’t have a lower-heat grill, use a grill pan or skillet).
- Wash the peaches, remove the pits, and cut them, unpeeled, into ¾–1¼-in. (2–3-cm) slices. Place in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and gently stir until the slices are coated.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and skin, and cut each half lengthwise into three slices. Drizzle with olive oil and gently turn to coat evenly.
- Grill the peach and avocado slices for 3–4 minutes on each side, until charred in places. Check them regularly to ensure they do not burn.
- Arrange the peach and avocado slices with the fig quarters on a serving dish. Sprinkle with the lemon zest. Crumble the goat cheese over the top.
- To make the dressing, whisk the shallots, 3 tbsp olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
- Scatter over the almonds and herbs, sprinkle with the piment d’Espelette, and serve.
I use La Pommée, an artisanal apple balsamic vinegar made by Maison Le Paulmier in Normandy.
Photography © Christophe Roué 2022.
Please note: If you buy books linked to our site, we may earn a commission from Bookshop.org, whose fees support independent bookshops.
This sounds very good!
Delicious and easy, I increased both the number of figs (mine were small ) and doubled the goats cheese to give more balance. I thought too much dressing but in fact it needed it all – satisfied 5 hungry people, thank you
Amazing! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the recipe 🙂