Originally this was a French dressing Cathy Gayner concocted when her husband, Richard, was on a diet but it’s good enough to use even if you are not worried about your figure.
- 1 tbsp strong olive oil
- 5 tbsp good chicken stock
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp tarragon leaves, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp parsley, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp basil leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1It’s a bit of a bother to finely chop the herbs, but it’s really worth it, because they become part of the dressing rather than ending up as an addition to the salad leaves.
2Mix everything together and set aside until ready to use.
Taken from our sister magazine France Today