Why not try these sweet and salty soufflés with a spooky twist this Halloween?
Maldon Salt Pistachio Souffles with Cranberry Coulis
This Halloween, why not try these sweet and salty souffles with a spooky twist?
Servings: 6 People
- 250 ml whole milk
- 25 g cornflour
- A pinch of Maldon Salt
- 25 g pistachio cream
- 50 g caster sugar
- 140 g caster sugar
- 200 g egg whites
- 25 g pistachio cream
- Unsalted butter and icing sugar to prep ramekins
- 200 g cranberries
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Start by making the base of the souffles (the panade). Add the milk to a saucepan and whisk in the cornflour and a pinch of Maldon Salt until dissolved. Stir in the sugar and pistachio cream and place onto the heat. Allow the mixture to come to the boil and then continue stirring until the mixture thickens (3- 5 minutes). Then remove from the heat and cool. Once cool place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and place a baking tray in the oven to heat up (this will help the souffles rise).
- Prepare the ramekins by greasing with butter and the dusting out with icing sugar. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until foaming. Then slowly add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time. Keep whisking until all the sugar is adding and the meringue has reached medium soft peaks.
- Measure out 300g of the chilled panade mixture and add the final 20g of pistachio cream. Then carefully fold in the meringue egg whites being mindful not to knock the air out of the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and smooth off the top with a palette knife. Then use a cutlery knife to “top hat” around the top rim. Place into the oven on the baking sheet for 8 – 10 minutes (do not open the door).
- Remove from the oven, dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with pistachio ice cream and cranberry coulis.
For more like this visit www.maldonsalt.com
Don’t know wwhat pistachio cream is, so can’t make this recipe.
Hi Peter, you can get pistachio or crema di pistacchio in a shop, or you could make your own using pistachio, white chocolate and milk. We hope that helps!
What is pistachio cream
Hi Monica, pistachio cream, aka crema di pistacchio, is delicious with subtle nutty flavour. It can be used as a spread, added to desserts or used to fill pastries!