Full of rich, creamy chocolate flavour and topped with a thick layer of dark chocolate ganache – this is the ultimate indulgence cake. Plus, it’s easy to make AND it’s vegan!
All you need is a couple of bowls and a whisk. This simple yet decadent cake has a rich dark chocolate filling that’s sure to impress!
Delightful vegan chocolate cake
- For The Cake
- 500 g self-raising flour
- 65 g cocoa powder
- 300 g caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 320 ml dairy-free milk
- 250 g dairy free-yogurt
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For The Icing
- 275 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line two 9″ round cake tins with parchment paper and grease.
- Firstly, sift your flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the caster sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate jug, pour the dairy-free milk, dairy-free yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir well until the cake batter is smooth.
- Pour out the mixture evenly between the two cake tins, then firmly tap the tin on top of your work surface to get rid of any air bubbles. This will help your cake to bake more evenly. You could also use a baking belt for this.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a knife/cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool, then remove from the tin.
- Sift some sugar into a bowl, then add the dairy-free margarine and vanilla extract. Beat together until soft and fluffy.
- Place 150g of dark chocolate into the microwave, and melt for short 15 second intervals until completely melted, then set aside to cool.
- Once cool, mix the melted chocolate into the icing mixture, stirring well until smooth.
- Using a palette knife, spread one-third of the chocolate frosting over the bottom layer of your cake.
- Finally, place the second cake on top, before spreading the remaining icing over the top of the cake.
Recipe taken from The Cake Decorating Co. Find the original recipe here.
Thank you for posting Vegan recipes. The Animals are thankful.