You love cheese. You love ham. You love croissants, you say. What are you to do to incorporate these three great ingredients into one dish? Well, you turn them into a croissant bake of course! This is an ingenious way to eat the buttery snack that everyone loves.
Cheesy Croissant Bake
- 4 croissants halved
- 2 sliced thick cut ham halved
- Dijon mustard
- 50 g watercress any thick stalks removed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 180˚. Spread a little mustard on each croissant slice and then layer with the ham, cheese and watercress. Sandwich the halves together and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cream – season lightly with salt & pepper. Pour the mixture over the croissants and allow them to soak for around 15 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for around 25-30minutes, until the mixture is set and the croissants are golden brown.
You can sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese or even some fresh herbs for a little twist!
Recipe courtesy of http://www.watercress.co.uk/