Please note: If you buy books linked to our site, we may earn a commission from Bookshop.org, whose fees support independent bookshops.
Treat yourself to a rich and indulgent coffee at home with this recipe for a caramel café crème. Made with Bonne Maman Salted Caramel and a shot of espresso, this drink is perfect for a morning pick-me-up or a sweet treat after dinner.
Coffee has been a staple in many people’s lives for centuries. It’s a drink that can be enjoyed in many different ways, from black to sweetened, hot or cold, and with a variety of flavours. One of the most popular coffee drinks is the café crème, which originated in France and is made by combining espresso with hot milk. However, for those who crave a sweeter taste, the caramel café crème is a perfect alternative.
Caramel café crème
- 2 tbsp Bonne Maman Salted Caramel
- 200 ml milk
- 50 ml espresso or strong black coffee
- If you have an espresso coffee machine, steam the milk. Alternatively, heat the milk on the hob to just below boiling and froth with a hand-held milk frother.
- Spoon the caramel into the bottom of a tall heat-proof glass and slowly pour the hot frothed milk on top. The froth will rise to the surface.
- Carefully pour in the espresso and watch the layers form.
- Delve in with a long spoon to enjoy the froth and the last drops of caramel from the bottom.
Recipe taken from Bonne Maman.
Did you enjoy the recipe? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Chef Paul Marcon to represent France in Bocuse d’or 2025
- Crocus de Nîmes by Maison du Goût
- The world’s largest pastry arts campus : École Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie
- Champagne harvest 2023: record-breaking bunches signal exceptional year
- Rugby World Cup fans treated to Michelin-worthy street food