This fresh, summery recipe teams partridge and bacon with spiky Dijon mustard, garden-fresh peas and parsley. Quick and easy to make, it’s ready in under half an hour.
- 6 partridge breast fillets
- 80g smoked cubed pancetta or smoked bacon lardons
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 tsp smooth Dijon mustard
- A generous handful of chopped parsley
- 100g petits pois
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche (get French crème fraiche if you can – it won’t separate).
- A glug or two of olive oil
1Heat the olive oil in a lidded sauté pan and add the onion. Cook for a couple of minutes.
2Add the pancetta and cook for another minute.
3Add the partridge fillets and cook until the flesh has turned white.
4Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
5Add the wine and bubble fiercely for a couple of minutes.
6Add the dried herbs, stock and the Dijon mustard.
7Put the lid on and cook, bubbling gently, for 10 min.
8Add the peas, put the lid back on and cook for 2 min.
9Turn the heat down low and stir in the parsley and crème fraiche.
10Serve with mashed potato and vegetables of your choice.
Recipe curtesy of Wild & Game