This easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for when you need a treat in no time. It’s simple, moist and delicious—the ultimate chocolate fix!
Quick and easy chocolate cupcakes recipe
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 140 g all purpose flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 ml whole milk
- 120 g unsalted butter
- your choice of frosting/buttercream
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan while you’re getting you are working!
- Begin by lining a 12 cupcake tin with cupcake/baking cases.
- Combine your milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flour, cocoa powder, butter and sugar. You can whisk this slowly together with either an electric or handheld mixer.
- Next add half of your milk and egg mixture into your bowl. Mix it all together on a higher speed, before slowly adding the other half of your liquid. Continue to mix until smooth.
- Fill up each of your cupcakes cases till they are about half or two thirds full. Distribute the mixture evenly.
- Bake your cupcakes for 20-25mins. You can test using a skewer – when they’re ready, a skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Leave your tray on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing your chocolate cupcakes.
- Once fully cooled, pipe your choice of chocolate buttercream or frosting on to the top!
And to finish? Grab a scoop of your favourite sprinkles, or grate some chocolate, and pop on top of your frosting. It’s the little details that go a long way! And, let’s face it, it’s just good fun to spend a bit of time decorating…
Recipe taken from The Cake Decorating Co. Find the original recipe here.