Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
This classic clafoutis with a twist is a great pudding for entertaining. Using minimal effort, it makes for quite the showstopper when placed in the middle of the table in the beautiful deep teal Le Creuset shallow casserole dish it’s cooked in.
- Unsalted butter for greasing
- 500g mixed de-stoned cherries and berries (raspberries and blueberries work well)
- 100g golden marzipan, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 100g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown eggs
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown egg yolks
- 500ml double cream plus extra for serving
- 20g toasted flaked almonds
- Icing sugar for dusting
1Preheat oven to 180c/ 360f/ gas mark 4.
2Grease the inside of a 30cm shallow casserole dish with butter.
3Scatter the fruit and chopped marzipan evenly in the dish. Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and pour over the fruit.
4Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until golden and risen.
5Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar, scatter over the almonds and serve immediately with cream.
Recipe curtesy of Clarence Court Eggs.