Preparation time: 10 minutes
It’s not like me to follow fashion when there are so many traditional dishes still to savour. But as the healthy eaters’ camp continues to grow I sometimes have to keep abreast of the latest food trends. This delicious recipe is a great alternative to iced coffee – with a lovely colour to boot!
- 25cl oat, soy, cashew, almond or even coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh grated turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup or coconut sugar (we may as well be as trendy as possible)
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- Ice cubes
1Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Let it infuse for approximately 10 minutes before pouring into a glass filled with ice.
2Alternatively, use a shaker.
Want more mouth-watering recipes? Order this wonderful book by clicking the link below!