This chocolate cake is super indulgent. It takes me back to my childhood, with its gooey texture that sticks to your teeth!
Gâteau au chocolat
- 1 stick plus 2 tbsp (5 oz./150 g) unsalted butter, diced, plus extra for the pan
- 14 oz. 400 g dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup minus 1 tbsp (6 oz./180 g) superfine sugar
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp (3½ oz./100 g) all-purpose flour, plus extra for the pan
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas Mark 4). Grease a 9-in. (23-cm) springform pan with butter, dust it with flour, and line the bottom with a disk of parchment paper (this will make it easier to unmold the cake).
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, and flour together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Pour in the melted chocolate and butter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Bake for 17 minutes, until the top is dry and set but the center is still moist. Let cool before unmolding the cake and serving.
Photography © Christophe Roué 2022.
Please note: If you buy books linked to our site, we may earn a commission from Bookshop.org, whose fees support independent bookshops.