A big fan of chocolate and orange? Well, look no further than this homemade truffles recipe. Dark chocolate and marmalade is the perfect marriage of decadent flavours that you don’t want to miss.
Dark Chocolate and Marmalade Truffles
Servings: 30 Portions
- 150 ml double cream
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 zest of an orange
- 5 tbsp Cottage Delight Bucks Fizz Thin Cut Marmalade
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Bucks Fizz Marmalade
- 15 g cocoa powder sifted
- 100 g roasted chopped hazelnuts
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to just below boiling point, stirring over a gentle heat. Add Bucks Fizz Marmalade and stir through until melted. Zest the orange into the mixture.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips and stir gently until melted and smooth. Pour into a shallow dish or tray to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or until firmed up.
- Put the marmalade, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts in separate bowls.
- Remove truffle mixture from the fridge. Using a spoon, scrape from the dish, then use your hands to shape the chocolate into small balls.
- Starting with the marmalade, then the cocoa powder and lastly the hazelnuts, roll the truffles in the different toppings until evenly coated. Chill again to firm up. Pop into mini paper cases, if you like.
Recipe from Cottage Delight