Looking for a delicious vegetarian sandwich that’s packed with flavour? This sandwich, which pairs fresh, nutty flavours with the sweet and buttery taste of brioche, offers just that.
For the filling
- 1 x 400g can tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 80g walnuts, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 20g dried cranberries
- 100g mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwich
- Eight slices of St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf
- Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, torn
- Half a red onion, thinly sliced
1Set aside a small handful of the drained and rinsed chickpeas and blend the rest in a food processor with the chopped walnuts, celery and spring onion until roughly blended.
2Transfer the mixture to a bowl and then mix in the dried cranberries, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, English mustard, dill and pepper. Season to taste.
3Spoon the mixture onto one slice of the St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf, and then add the lettuce and red onion as desired. Repeat to make second sandwich.
4Top with the second brioche slice and cut in half.