Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
Cooking time: 5 minutes
A simple, sweet yet tangy dessert from Eric Lanlard
- 300ml (½ pint) double cream
- 100g (3½ oz) golden caster sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Passion fruit curd, to serve
- A few strands of lemon zest, slightly
- blanched in hot water, to decorate
1Put the cream and sugar into a saucepan and stir together over a medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice. Pour into 10 shot glasses or espresso cups and leave to set in the refrigerator.
2To serve, using a teaspoon dipped in hot water, scoop the passion fruit curd on top of each posset. Decorate with the lemon zest strands and serve.
This comes courtesy of Taste of France Issue Two. For more great recipes, food news and interviews with top chefs, buy your copy here!