Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 French shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 200g (7oz) blue-green Puy lentils
- 1 bunch flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 750ml (26½ fl oz) vegetable stock
- 50g (1¾oz) pitted green olives
- 50g (1¾oz) pitted dry black olives
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (concentrated purée)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 flameproof casserole dish
- 1 chopping board
- Low heat
1Peel and finely slice the shallots and garlic. Peel and cube the carrots. Cut the courgette and tomatoes into cubes.
2Rinse the lentils. Chop the parsley.
3Put the ingredients in a flameproof casserole dish, pour in the stock and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes.
4Season with salt and pepper.
IMAGE © MURDOCH BOOKS;, JEAN CAZALS
First printed in our sister publication France Today
Want more mouth-watering recipes? Order this wonderful book by clicking the link below!